Pages

Thursday 16 November 2017

Oamaru Stone Carving




The first day of stone carving, Koro Mitchell taught us how to use all the tools and we all started to do our first project, a koru pretty much straight away, at first they all looked really terrible but the slowly got better with Mr Mitchell's help. The second session of stone carving, it was all going well and I had the shape of my koru all done and I was just about to start putting the shadowing effect thing onto my koru when my koru fell off the table, broke and left me with two separate pieces. So what we decided to do was change my project and turn it into a koru spiral ball. Spiral ball is almost finished I carved the spirals into the ball with a chisel and files, all I need to do now is begin  sanding and spray the stuff on mine. we began sanding my spiral and it's almost finished. I finished the spiral ball and now onto second project. We started the flax project and we are all almost finished, this one seems to be alot easier then the koru.


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: only a member of this blog may post a comment.